BackgroundKMKE Handunsuriya is working as the Supervising Public Health Inspector (PHI) / District (SPHID) in Kandy District (Image 1).
SPHID is the District level supervisor of PHII, one of the four authorised officer categories of the National Authority on Tobacco and Alcohol (NATA) Act, the main legislation framework related to tobacco control in Sri Lanka.
Tobacco Related Activities
Signing “Abhisheka” CertificatesHandunsuriya signed the certificates of the Abhisheka programme; a trade loyality programme conducted by the Ceylon Tobacco Company PLC (CTC) to encourage cigarette retail sellers.
Obtaining Sponsorship for a PHI Trade Union ActivityHandunsuriya was accused of obtaining a sponsorship from Gamani Brothers Group, a distributor of Ceylon Tobacco Company PLC (CTC) (Image 03). Please see our pages Sponsorship for a PHI Cricket Tournament and Arunadisi Traders Private Limited for more details.
- Public Health Inspector (PHI)
- Ceylon Tobacco Company PLC (CTC)
- National Authority on Tobacco and Alcohol (NATA) Act
- Arunadisi Traders Private Limited
- Sponsorship for a PHI Cricket Tournament
- S Amunugama. Letter to Provincial Director of Health Services, Central Province by the Deputy Director General of Health Services. 31 May 2017
- Ministry of Health. PHI Manual, undated, The Public Health Inspectors’ Union of Sri Lanka, accessed April 2018
- National Authority on Tobacco and Alcohol (NATA). Website, 2010, accessed April 2018
- PASC Lakmal. Photograph of Abisheka Certificate, Personal Collection, 28 April 2017
- PASC Lakmal, Letter on Public Health Inspectors’ Union, Central Province, District Cricket Tournament, 02 April 2017